Six Nights in Sunny Southern California with Suki and Brady!
September 23 – 29, 2018
Eat. Sleep. Yoga. Retreat!
Join Suki and Brady for Dragonfly’s first ever yoga retreat! You will enjoy fun in the sun, delicious food, daily excursions in the San Diego area, and of course, restoring and refreshing yoga and meditation!
EAT…Enjoy delicious meals prepared by Madison’s premier personal chef, Sami Fgaier, plus cooking lessons.
SLEEP…Awaken in luxury accommodations to the soothing sound of ocean waves on the soft sandy beach in Oceanside CA
YOGA…Enjoy morning yoga on the beach plus evening restorative yoga with meditation and journaling
RETREAT…To SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. Restore, refresh, renew, and revitalize with fun in the California sun! Yoga, meditation, hiking, wine tasting, exploring, adventure and more!
- Six nights of luxurious accommodations at an oceanfront contemporary home in Oceanside, CA
- Daily light breakfasts, daily lunch/brunches, and 3 gourmet dinners prepared by Madison private chef Sami Fgaier
- Daily yoga on the beach every morning
- Restorative yoga, meditation, and journaling every evening
- Tasty cooking lessons with gourmet chef Sami Fgaier
- Coffee, tea, and bottled water available all day at Oceanside accommodations
- Swag bag to welcome you to California with journal, Dfly goodies, local information & more!
- Daily excursions to must see So Cal destinations:
- Hiking at Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve
- Private limo tour of three Temecula Valley wineries with Rockin Wine Tours plus dinner in Temecula.
- Day trip to Balboa Park for botanical gardens, rose gardens, museums, local artists shops or San Diego Zoo (museum or zoo entry fees not included), and optional SUP Yoga in Coronado (cost not included) and dinner in downtown San Diego.
- Day trip to La Jolla tide pools and dinner in La Jolla.
- Free day to walk the Oceanside pier & beachtime, shop with Suki at the Premium Outlets in Carlsbad, or golf in Carlsbad with Brady (transportation to shopping and golfing included, shopping or golfing costs not included)
- Transportation to all of the above excursions included
- Food, entry fees and costs to all excursions included (except as noted above)
- Always the option to go your own way with beach time, meditation, hikes, running, museums, whatever you desire! (cost and transportation not included)
- Transportation to and from San Diego International Airport (for certain arrival/departure times only)
This is just an example of how a typical day may play out. We will stay flexible so we can adjust to your needs and desires!
- 8am | Light breakfast prepared by chef Sami Fgaier
- 9am to 10am | Yoga on the Beach
- 11am | Brunch prepared by chef Sami Fgaier
- 12pm to 6pm | Excursions (winery tour, shopping, hiking, etc.), or free time for solitude, beach, exploring Oceanside, hot tub etc.
- 6pm | Dinner (either prepared by Chef Sami Fgaier, or restaurant outings around So Cal)
- 7pm to 9pm | Evening restorative yoga practice, meditation, journaling
Our home base for this retreat will be Paradise on the Strand, a luxurious oceanside contemporary home with rooftop hot tub in Oceanside, CA. It features 5,168 square feet of contemporary style architecture beautifully furnished and decorated – just across a one way street from the beach. Two story glass windows and skylights throughout allow the sun to illuminate the airy and open interior. Six bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms, a gourmet kitchen, two living rooms, ocean view patio, high speed wifi, two laundry rooms, and an outdoor shower round out the full accommodations. Four suites are double occupancy, and one bedroom is for single travelers with 4 beds (two bunk beds).
The endless ocean views will mesmerize you and the view lounging on the rooftop deck is literally breathtaking! Soak in the 6 person rooftop hot tub and view the sunset for ultimate relaxation. The Paradise also features a fire table with seating for 6 on the patio, and a telescope to watch for dolphins, whales, surfers, or stars.
The Paradise on the Strand is within walking distance to restaurants, bakeries, pubs, parks, the pier, the weekly farmer’s market, a movie theater, shopping, and Vital, an awesome new rock climbing gym. Enjoy plenty of sand during low tide and marvel at the waves crashing on the rocks during high tide. At anytime, dry sand is just an easy 5 minute walk north toward the Oceanside pier.
View virtual tour of the Paradise on the Strand:
There are 3 types of suites available in the Paradise on the Strand:
2 Master Suites
- *SOLD OUT* Main Level Master Suite includes a king size bed, balcony with ocean view, bathroom with soaking tub and separate shower, walk in closet, hotel style safe, and flat screen TV
- *SOLD OUT* Upper Level Master Suite includes a king size bed, ocean view through the soundproofed glass wall that overlooks the living room below, fireplace, bathroom with soaking tub and separate multiple head shower, hotel style safe, walk in closet, and flat screen TV.
2 Guest Suites
- Yellow Suite features a king size bed, beautiful view of the ocean and Oceanside pier, a full bathroom with shower, hotel style safe, closet, and a smart TV.
- *SOLD OUT* Plum Suite features a king size bed, a full bathroom with tub/shower combo, hotel style safe, a large walk in closet, and a smart TV.
1 Standard Room
- The Upper Level Standard Room features 2 bunk beds (twin on top and full futon on bottom), bathroom directly across the hall with a large shower and all the amenities, and TV with DVD player.
13 gourmet meals will be provided by our very own personal chef Sami Fgaier of Le Personal Chef, who specializes in healthy and delicious french/mediterranean cooking. Sami will prepare daily light breakfasts, daily brunches, and 3 gourmet dinners. Not only will you eat delicious and healthy gourmet meals every day, Sami will teach you how you can make them yourself – learn from a master! Special dietary needs can be accommodated upon advance request.
Each retreat participant will also receive a $90 stipend to spend at our three restaurant outings. Lunch and appetizers will be provided during our Temecula winery tour. Coffee, tea, and bottled water will also always be available at the Paradise on the Strand. This is truly an all inclusive retreat!
Travel & Arrival
- Two weeks prior to departure for the retreat you must supply your up-to-date flight information if you’d like to be picked-up at the San Diego International Airport.
- Plan to arrive before 3pm on Sunday, September 23rd, 2018 to San Diego International Airport. Suki and Brady will meet you there and take you to the Paradise on the Strand in Oceanside, CA which is approximately one hour away.
- If you would like airport departure dropoff, we will drop you off at San Diego International Airport by noon on Saturday, September 29th.
- If you would like to arrive outside the airport pickup or dropoff windows, or stay an extra day or so, feel free to arrange your own transportation to the Paradise on the Strand in Oceanside.
What To Bring
- Yoga mat, yoga clothes & water bottle
- Dressier clothes for restaurant, wine tasting, and exploring the city
- Hiking shoes & clothes
- Beach gear, sunscreen, swimsuit, sandals, beach towel etc.
- Toiletries (hair dryer, towels, and linens provided)
- Golf apparel (if taking optional golf outing)
- A sense of adventure and fun!!!!
Standard Room (Sleeps 4, single bunk beds)
$2650 per person
Double occupancy, shared king size bed:
$2800 per person (please book with person you would like to share your room with)
$5000 per person
*All Master Suites are SOLD OUT*
Costs associated with airfare, flight changes, airline baggage fees for any and all baggage, medical or travel insurance, gratuities and taxes for personal services, specialty beverages or alcohol (besides included winery tour), food (aside from prepared meals and $90 stipend for restaurant outings) shopping excursions, museum or zoo entry fees, golf outing, SUP yoga, or transportation to the retreat outside of planned pickup and drop off times, are not included.
We are beyond thrilled and honored to guide, nourish, and create an inclusive lifetime experience with you.
If you are inspired to join us, sign up now! The luxurious accommodation rooms will be reserved on a first come first serve sign up basis. If there is a friend whom you would like to share a room with, please mention at sign up!
Meet you at the beeeeeeeeeach, where a sunny savasana is always on the house!
How to Sign Up:
(1) Fill out an registration form and waiver
(2) Follow all instructions as prompted and pay your $500 deposit to secure your spot.
(3) Pay in full by July 20, 2018.
(4) Please wait until after July 20, 2018 to book your flight.
Questions? Email Suki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation and Refunds
If you must cancel your retreat reservation, please remember that your $500 deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you cancel before July 20, 2018, any payments made will be refunded minus your deposit. If you cancel between July 20 and August 23, 2018, 50% of the trip price will be refunded. If you cancel after August 23, 2018, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited.
It is your responsibility to read and understand our cancellation policies. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds or credits will be given for failure to attend or failure to complete the retreat, or for arriving late or leaving early. We recommend you purchase your own travel insurance. We also recommend you wait until after July 20, 2018 to book your flight. We are not able to offer refunds for air travel for any reason, even if the retreat is cancelled by Dragonfly Hot Yoga.
Dragonfly Hot Yoga reserves the right to make any changes deemed necessary by our team or partners. In the rare case of a cancellation on the part of Dragonfly Hot Yoga (due to political unrest, dangerous weather, or low sign-ups) we will offer a full refund (with the exception of airfare).
Please note this retreat is for those who are 21 or over.